Retail Store Associate
Job Title: Retail Associate (Part-Time 20-30 hrs weekly)
Summary: As a Retail Associate of Hobby Villa, you will foster business relationships with loyal hobbyists from the tri-state region. Striving to provide the best quality customer experience, the Retail Associate is charged with excellent customer service and interacts with anyone who visits our location. Professional engagement is essential and critical. The primary objective is to ensure consumers are attended to in a quick and efficient manner, catering to their purchasing needs. Deliver WOW, have fun and create lasting memories that will inspire trust and keep shoppers within the RC Hobby.
- Customer Interaction, building positive business relationships with everyone who walks in the establishment.
- Offering assistance and suggestions to help shoppers make a formal purchasing decision.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, or demonstrate operation and care of merchandise to customers.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Place special orders or call suppliers to find desired items.
- Keep clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Answer incoming telephone calls. Take special orders via phone, in an effective and timely manner.
- Outbound calls about special orders and other product related information
- Prepare sales slips, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payments.
- Understand company return and exchange policies. Explain policies to customers and accept returns as needed.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Stock, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Clean shelves, counters, windows, bathroom, floors and tables on a daily basis.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock through the Manager.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related store tasks as needed or directed by store Manager.
Non-Essential Responsibilities (Duties performed on an as-needed basis):
- Receiving of products
- Service Center Repairs
- Designing of internal product themes / displays
- Till setup, End-Of-Day Deposit/Settlement
- Generating PO’s for new products
- Vendor Sourcing – Product hunting
- Stock Takes (Inventory Management)
- Other tasks and duties that may be assigned
- Customer Service experience & RC trouble shooting skills preferred
- No Degree Required
- Basic Language Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers, or employees of organization.
- Basic Mathematical Skills:
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and to interpret bar graphs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to distinguish characteristics of products and represent in a fashion that will engage the customer
- Remote Control (RC) car, helicopter, airplane knowledge is helpful.
- Computer literate (knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Office, E-mail, Internet) with the ability to learn new software applications
- Ability to work and multi-task in a growing business environment
- Good work ethic, ability to work well in team oriented environment
- Able to share information willingly about customer trends, products, and other company related information to
- Organizational skills, filing, labeling and other clerical needs
- Must be available for work approximately 20-30 hours a week. Schedule is to be determined, hours of operation are Mon-Fri: 10am-7pm, Sat: 9am-5pm, Sun: 10am-4pm.
- Attention to detail a must
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand and walk frequently
- Must be able to use your hands frequently
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms frequently
- Must be able to climb or balance occasionally
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl on an occasional basis
- Must be able to talk and hear frequently
- Must be able to smell occasionally (Verify condition of Electronics)
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs occasionally
Based on Experience
Retail Associate Part-Time)